Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Want to Sell on TPT? Here's What I did to get started...


OK so I figured summer was the perfect time to get started on this TPT thing.  I've been curious about it for a while, and when my friends Amy and Rochelle invited me to the TPT convention in Las Vegas this summer, I had to go!  I'm not sure what I've gotten myself into, but I figured I better get legit real quick.  Here's what I did to get started:

Step 1:  Come up with a name for your store, blog, and all other social media.  This, my friends, could quite possibly be THE HARDEST PART!  Can I get an "Amen" if you agree.  Struggling over a name that is cute, catchy, and signifies how you want to be portrayed in the blogging / TPT world! I asked friends for help on this, and have to thank my brother-in-law for coming up with my store/blog name (thanks Jim!).

Step 2:  Design your blog, or hire someone to do it for you.  I'm no techy, so I asked the wonderful and talented Megan from A Bird in Hand Designs to help me with my blog. She designs several blogs for TPT'ers and you can purchase one of her standard layouts and have it posted pretty fast.  I figured when I make all that money from my TPT sales, I can upgrade to one of her custom designs :)

Step 3:  Set up social media accounts.  This is how you will get the word out there about your TPT products.  I already have personal accounts on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, so I went ahead and added new accounts for my blog.  On Facebook, I created a "page" for people to follow that has my blog address.  It's a place I can post info about TPT products that I create and it also has some really great TPT pages like TPT tips and tidbits - it's an awesome resource and a good place to connect and post questions!  On Instagram I created a new account, and go back and forth between my personal account and my blog one.  Instagram is fun because I can use it to follow all you teachers out there!  On Pinterest, I can post pics of my products with links to my store.  You can have links to all of these accounts on your blog :)

Step 4: Order business cards.  These will come in handy for the TPT conference!  Design your own or find a design you like.  Etsy has lots of talented designers - here's mine:

clementinejayne

Step 5:  Upgrade your TPT to a sellers account.  After you do this, you can start selling right away.
 
Am I ready for TPT and the 2015 conference????  I'll let you know!


2 comments:

  1. Great job Kel! I think we are ready for Vegas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO ready for Vegas and this TPT thing! You're going to be a top seller before you know it!

    ReplyDelete